Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Little Wunders travel the world

Maya and Jane are my two girls, currently ages 2 1/2 and 6 weeks, respectively. We're currently planning a trip to Costa Rica in December, and I wanted to make sure the girls (well, Maya at least) had an appreciation for where we're going. Or as much as a toddler can.

So my plan is to teach her about the culture, geography, food, climate, etc. of Costa Rica before we go. I hope to do this with any place we visit so my girls grow up with a better understanding of the world. I want them to learn all about a place, and then get so excited to finally see it. And when they're older, hopefully this will make trips to museums, historical sites, city centers, and any other place Mom and Dad really want to see less painful.

 A blog provides a nice format for us to document what we learn and what we see, both so we can revisit it from anywhere, and so the grandparents can follow along as well. Plus, it gives Maya a chance to interact with the computer, or Mommy's iPad and iPhone — things she can't keep her grubby little hands off of.

So here we go: Maya and Janie's travel blog. For followers of my other blog know, I'm fabulous at starting stuff and not following through, so we'll see how long this lasts. But it's a beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment